- Commercial & Corporate Lawyer
- Senior Legal Counsel
Sobre o nosso cliente
- Give accurate and timely counsel to executives in a variety of legal topics (labor law, partnerships, international ventures, corporate finance etc.);
- Collaborate with management to devise efficient defense strategies;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advice on possible legal issues;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust;
- Provide a legal counsel regarding decision-making organizations like general meeting of shareholders and management committee and projects like M&A. Examine a contract to minimize legal risks;
- Establish a strategy to respond to major disputes like litigation, arbitration, and claim and a country's government investigation.
- Identify and analyze a country's regulation-related trend (legislation and precedent) which is related to the company's business like labor, environment, HR, and fair trade. Suggest a response measure;
- Deal with complex matters with multiple stakeholders and forces;
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization;
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- Bachelor's degree in law;
- Licensed to practice law from the State Bar Association;
- MA or BSc in Business Administration will be considered an advantage;
- A minimum of 10 years' experience as a corporate lawyer;
- Proven experience as a Legal Counsel in business environment;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures;
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation;
- Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies;
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity;
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information;
- Outstanding communication skills:
- Fluent in English;
- Fluent in Spanish will be a plus.
Career opportunity in a prestigious multinational company.