Retail Accidente & Health Underwriter (m/f)
Solid multinational insurance company
Strategic position within the company
Sobre o nosso cliente
Our client is a solid and fast growing insurance company looking to recruit a Retail Accidente & Health Underwriter (m/f) for their offices in Lisbon.
Descrição da oferta
- Review proposed accounts from a rating, underwriting and policy wording perspective. In the event that delegated local underwriting authority parameters (limits and/or loss ratios) are exceeded, the Underwriter will refer to Global management.
- Ensure that all underwriting activity is performed following the underwriting guidelines and meets the objectives set forth in the underwriting policies and procedures document. Ensure that the growth focus is according to the appetite.
- Maintain detailed record of rating rational used by accounts. Monitor and maintain the integrity of these rates and ensure that accounts perform to desired ratios and volatilities or better.
- Assist the A&H Manager in general profit center issues, important client relationships and key production issues.
- Support A&H local plan objectives, including key financial metrics: GWP growth rate; loss ratio; combined ratio; GAAP gain ($). Ensure that all financial metrics are correctly prioritized.
- Support actuarial department in the development and maintenance of tools and resources for data and portfolio management. This includes assistance in procurement of data, line-specific knowledge and guidance, and relationship management among stakeholders.
- Monitor market trends; regulatory requirements/changes; competition; opportunities; stay informed.
- Relevant insurance, business, mathematics, management, or similar university degree.
- Fluency in the Spanish language and good use of English required; additional Portuguese language is preferred or a must for the Portugal Underwriter
- Substantial experience - minimum 5 years- as an A&H Underwriter required, substantial Travel Insurance underwriting experience preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in quantitative analysis, Microsoft Excel, and database applications.
- Well organized in administering his / her work so it is easily shared.
- Developed communication and presentation abilities, ability to clearly organize thoughts and present ideas.
- Ability to build and maintain internal relationships with executive managers, business developers, actuaries, claims managers, finance managers, and other organizational clients.
- Ability to have relationships with external clients and partners.
- Ability to lead in accordance with AXA XL Core Values and Culture.
Excellent professional opportunity for candidates with strong background as Retail Accidente & Health Underwriter (m/f).