You are here
Manager, Project Management Engineering
New R&D Center in Porto
World leader in eolic energy
Sobre o nosso cliente
Vestas is the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
Descrição da oferta
As manager of the Project Management, Engineering team in our design center, you will report to the Deputy Manager and be part of the management team in Design Center, Porto.
You will be responsible for ensure best practice with PMO and bridge knowledge sharing.
You must ensure and maintain good contact to a large number of stakeholders throughout the value chain, such as Technology, Sales, Manufacturing, Suppliers, and Service. You will be a key player to bridge the daily collaboration and coordination between the design center and Vestas R&D head quarter in Denmark.
You must at all times have a good overview of the all tasks going on in the departments and be prepared to communicate time schedules and resource constraints, and to negotiate priorities.
You will be working with these challenges:
- Ensure timely execution of department deliverables such as high quality products and documentation
- Manage resource planning and delegation of work and budget controlling
- Strong people performance and development dialogue (incl. one-to-one, target setting, development plans)
- Coach employees in execution of daily tasks
- Recruit new employees
- Build and maintain stakeholder relations across Vestas' full value chain
- In collaboration with project managers; facilitate planning sessions and follow up on progress
- Identify cost optimizations in processes and products
- Embrace challenges and changes
Your qualifications include:
- Minimum of 3 years management/project management experience from a large/international organization
- A bachelor/master in relevant area
- Experience in management of Engineering teams
- Experience of running integrated development projects using matrix management of large multi-disciplinary teams Experience of wind turbine development would be an advantage
- Project Management accreditation, preferably Prince2, but also PMI or IPMA.
- We value initiative, trustworthiness and the right balance between creativity and quality in all our solutions.
- We see the ideal candidate possessing the following personality:
- You are pro-active; result oriented and has a strong sense of responsibility
- You have an excellent commercial/business understanding
- You must have good organizational and communication skills and you must be able to work within an international and multi-disciplinary team
- You are highly motivated and work independent
- You have excellent English skills (speaking and writing)
- You have strong leadership and communication skills and capable of acting as a motivator through an open dialogue
- You area a strong networker and can easy build relationships
- You embrace challenges to ensure we stay efficient at all times