You are here
Converter Control Engineer
One of a kind opportunity to work with a world leading provider of wind energy.
Working in a higly skilled R&D center
Sobre o nosso cliente
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
Converter Control department develops and maintains all converter control and software functionalities for all Vestas turbines. We provide first in class converter solutions with quality meeting system and grid requirements.
Descrição da oferta
You will be part of the Converter Control development team, which lays out converter requirements, owns converter control design and performs software development, test and verification.
You will be engaged in new feature development and also doing changes, improvements and updates to existing converter control software based on the feedback from the field (Vestas turbines in operation) and costumer requirements.
You will take ownership of the technical tasks/solutions in different projects and actively work with the converter control team and other stakeholders
- Masters or Bachelor of Engineering. Preferable in the following or similar discipline Electrical engineering.
- Knowledge and experience in Controls (such as Generator/motor control design, control design of grid connected converters). This includes modelling of dynamics systems for control analysis, designing of controllers, implementation of controllers and verification of controllers via simulations and test.
- Experience with control of power electronics (PWM strategies for 3phase converters, sampling of PWM operated converters, and control loops of 3 phase converters such as current control, dc voltage control, active and reactive power control)
- Knowledge of modelling dynamic systems in National Instruments embedded environment.
- Good in C programming in embedded environment.
- Able to perform software design, development and debugging independently.
- Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink tools and interfaces is an advantage.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing.
- Software experience with C.
- Highly independent and self-initiated to learn.
- Highly skilled in problem solving, analysis and software debugging.
- Experience in defining functional specification, conduct system validation and prepare technical documentations.
- Good communication skills both to internal team and to external stakeholders.
- Being skilled in estimating tasks and communicate with project managers are preferred
- Process oriented - familiar with agile and/or Scrum process.
- Exposure to state of the art converter software and control in Vestas
- Test and verification at both internal test setups (HW in the loop testing) as well full scale test setups and turbine tests in the field.
- Involvement in full cycle of converter software from development to delivery into turbines.
- Excellent team in converter with a good team spirit and experience from whom you can tap on.
- State of the art HW in the loop testing facilities.